An Insight to Chadar Trekking
Zanskar River, Chadar Trek, or frozen Ladakh River is an unparalleled adventure. The tranquil environment of the area accelerates the adrenaline in the hiker’s body and encourages him to take a complicated path. Further, the natural beauty and magnificent monastery awaken our adventurer’s side to lead us to unparallel.
Trekking at this winter trail is a test of your endurance. You need a Globetrotter’s soul to take this journey. Do you also like to travel? If yes, then follow us till the end! To fulfill you desire, we have compiled a list of things to do and not to do during the chadar expedition.
Exploring Chadar Beauty
A thick layer of ice enslaved the once wild Zanska River, known as Chadar. Winter is here, and the culture that lives outside the valleys and ravines is blocked by snow. So the ice on this river allows the people living in this remote valley to reach the entire world in an emergency. Hiking may be the latest trend, but Chadar is different.
You can walk on the nearest glacier. Difficulty, excitement, and experience are the highest levels of all trekking you can imagine. The idea that these blocks of snow will be a successful expedition is unparalleled. Travelers called it a rejuvenation journey. One must be cautious and be prepared to be one of them.
Notes for Chadar Trek
Zanskar River, Chadar Trek, or Frozen Ladakh River Trek is an adventure expedition like no other. On the one side, the tranquil environment of the area accelerates the adrenaline in the hiker’s body. On the other side, it encourages us to take a complicated path. Besides, the natural beauty and magnificent monastery awaken our adventurer’s soul. Well, I take this hike as a test of the endurance of travelers.
Furthermore, there are some things to keep in mind before starting your journey. We will make sure to provide an enjoyable experience to hikers by sharing helpful information. Read to prepare well for this journey.
1- Temperatures at Chadar
During the day, Leh’s temperature is between –10 and 0 degrees Celsius, depending on the weather. After sunset, the temperature began to drop to 25 degrees Celsius.
2- Essentials to Carry During Hiking at Chadar
A functional jacket and warm gloves, and hats are hiking backpack essentials for chadar hiking. It is essential to remove your shoes when visiting the temple, and you should have thick and warm socks. You must give yourself good hiking gear to withstand cold snow and unforeseen winds in extreme climates.
Chadar Trek: What to do?
- First, be sure to tell your family/friends the route.
- People returning home should know the schedule so they can help in the event of any disaster.
- The temperature in the area dropped dramatically. Therefore, you should bring warm clothes and shoes.
- The journey is difficult, so get medicine and a first aid kit. Cuts and scrapes are common in this area.
Chadar Trek: What not to do?
The Glacier Trek route is known for its chaotic atmosphere and refined atmosphere.
- Every walker is responsible for maintaining a peaceful environment. Therefore, you should not throw rubbish and disturb the glory.
- Also, shampoo and soap must not pollute the beautiful waterfall. Therefore, you should avoid using it.
- Remember, the water is for residents to drink.
- The monastery should never be touched or pointed out because the locals may think this is an offense to their holy shrine.
- Besides, make sure to respect the tranquility of the sanctuary. For instance, we must not disturb the monks’ prayers and temples along the way.
- Finally, glacier trekking is undoubtedly an awkward task. Therefore, even a hodophile must be very careful.
- Instead, we must carry out the walk safely according to the directions and guidelines.
Read more to know about other exciting travel destinations around the globe.
BY ARJUN RAJPUROHIT