What is HEC Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
HEC Ehsaas Undergraduate scholarship 2020 phase-II is an initiative of HEC (Higher Education Commission) and the Government of Pakistan. While the program was started in 2019 to provide a total number of 200,000 scholarships, the aim is to provide opportunities to 50,000 deserving Pakistani students every year. So that they may continue their higher education in any university of their choice.
One of the main goals of this scholarship program is to encourage females and students with extraordinary abilities, as, 50% of scholarship seats are ONLY of female candidates.
However, the HEC is to announce the opening and closing dates in this month. So we suggest you keep your documents ready now.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Host Country: Pakistan
- Nationality: Pakistan
- Offered By: Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: 50,000
- Universities: Recognized by HEC
- Departments: All
- Mode: Online
HEC Ehsaas Scholarship program is available for all the fields of study in a regular four or five-year undergraduate degree program. Candidates applying must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a new admission in any Pakistani University recognized by HEC. Also, the HEC must have allowed their degree program.
- The admission MUST be on merit. If they secure admission on a self-finance basis or in an evening program with a higher fee structure then they will not be eligible for the HEC Ehsaas Scholarship scheme.
- The age limit will be as per the policies of the relevant university.
- Must NOT be availing any other scholarship or continuous grant.
- Must NOT be in a distant learning program and affiliated colleges neither public nor private.
Almost all the universities recognized by HEC are included in this scholarship program. For your convenience, we have compiled the list of all 118 universities eligible for the HEC Ehsaas Scholarship program. Now click the link below to download the PDF file:
Following image depicts the list of documents you need to have with you while applying:
Procedure To Apply
Follow the following steps in order to apply for HEC Ehsaas Scholarship Program:
- First, visit the official link of Ehsaas Scholarship Program 2020. to fill in the online application form. After that, SUBMIT your application.
Applications in the SAVED mode will NOT be accepted.
- Then, print out your application form and attach all the supporting documents list
(mentioned above). After attaching the documents, submit it to the financial aid office of the university within the closing date.
- Once you are shortlisted for the scholarship program, you will have to sign a deed of agreement on the stamp paper.
- HEC Ehsaas Scholarship funding will continue till the next semester/ year as per your satisfactory academic performance.
Objectives of the HEC Ehsaas Scholarship Program
The main objective and aim of this scholarship program is that the HEC and government of Pakistan want to target undergraduate students in particular. By doing this, students after completing their intermediate education will be able to take admission in any Pakistani university of their choice. Moreover, the scholarship program covers about 118 Universities in total from all across Pakistan.
Despite this, the HEC Ehsaas Scholarship program covers the university tuition fee and stipend throughout the four or five years degree program. Moreover, the scholarship encourages the female lot in order to empower them academically so that they may secure a bright and independent future for them. In order to do so, the government and HEC have kept 50% of seats for only female candidates.
Furthermore, 2% of seats are solely for people struggling with physical challenges. By doing so, the government aims to keep them socially, academically, and financially active and independent so that they can aid in elevating their own status plus the national economy, as a long term goal.
In short, the dates are to be announced soon. So you need to keep yourself updated by visiting the official link of HEC. Also, prepare the documents as per the list above.
Ask in the comment section.
Good Luck. 🙂