How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad with Greens
Let’s make a green salad with grilled chicken and balsamic vinaigrette. This low-calorie and high nutrients green salad meal is a healthy addition to any type of diet. You can easily add this healthy meal/snack to Ketogenic Diet, Paleo Diet, Mediterranean Diet, Atkins Diet, Low-Carb Diet, Whole30 Diet, Vegetarian Diet, and Vegan Diet. I am following anti inflammatory diet due to my health conditions. Therefore, this is my go-to anti-inflammatory grilled chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
However, “name doesn’t matter,” as the saying goes. The nutritional value of a salad made with grilled chicken and greens is what really matters! Do you know: “The ancient Greeks and Romans ate green salads as a palate cleanser between courses during meals? Even Greeks use lettuce as a sleeping aid and eat it at dinnertime for better sleep.
Therefore, people cultivate a wider variety of greens and herbs in medieval times. It was a luxury food item for the upper crust of society.
One famous medieval salad recipe is called “Sallet,” which was made with a variety of greens such as spinach, sorrel, borage, and parsley. The dressing typically consisted of vinegar, oil, and spices. Overall, salads have a rich history and have evolved over time into the many different varieties we know today. Moreover, in the 1920s and 1930s, green salads gained popularity as a side dish in American restaurants.
Before going further, you won’t want to miss out on the valuable insights shared in nutrients in leafy greens. This blog post covers the health benefits and therapeutic properties of 12 different green vegetables.
Recipe of mixed green salad with grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette
Here’s a recipe for a mixed green salad with grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with the diced avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the sliced chicken to the bowl and toss with the salad.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the top of the salad and serve.
Enjoy your delicious mixed green salad with grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette!
This mixed green salad with grilled chicken sounds like a delicious and nutritious meal for lunch or dinner with your spouse. It’s a great choice as it incorporates protein from the grilled chicken, healthy fats from the avocado, and vitamins and minerals from the mixed greens and cherry tomatoes. The balsamic vinaigrette adds a tangy and flavorful dressing to tie all the ingredients together. Enjoy your meal!