What is the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program 2021 is now open to all international students. Postgraduate students from all across the world can apply online at the University of Cambridge, the United Kingdom on a fully-funded scholarship program.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program is reserved for 90 brilliant candidates, having an international nationality, to study for a full-time postgraduate degree program offered by Cambridge University.
WHY THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE?
As the programs offered are of the Post Graduate level and, therefore, the research-work game will begin here. The answer to why the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a perfect choice is that the University of Cambridge is known worldwide for its excellent research work strategies and latest laboratory equipment. Also, it has built its reputation for creating outstanding scholars, dedicated leaders, and intellectual researchers. For this purpose, these researchers, by their wisdom and knowledge, research together to make this world a better place to live in.
Furthermore, it is the mission of Cambridge University to provide students with financial and non-financial support in order to build and promote a community in Cambridge and worldwide.
- Host: University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Department: Almost All
- Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
- FULLY FUNDED
- Mode: Online
- Number of Scholarships: 90
- Nationality: International
- Can be taken in Ireland
- Starting Date: 3rd September 2020
- Last Date: 7 January 2021 (International)
14 October 2020 (US Citizen)
Check out: HEC Ehsaas Scholarship 2020 Phase-II | Fully Funded
In order to be eligible for the Gates Cambridge University Scholarship 2021, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- MUST possess an international nationality. This means you must be a resident of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- US Citizens are also eligible.
- If you are applying for a Masters degree program then you MUST have 16 years of education (Undergraduate) or upper second class (2:1) honors degree or equivalent.
- If you are applying for a Ph.D. program then you must have an undergraduate degree plus a Masters degree.
- Also, you can seek one of the following full-time residential courses at the University of Cambridge:
- MSc/ MLitt
- One year postgraduate course (with a few exceptions)
- And you MUST have to illustrate the English Proficiency Certificate by submitting either IELTS or TOFEL.
The Cambridge University has reserved maximum departments for Gates Scholarship 2021. And almost all the departments offered by the university are included in the scholarship program. For this purpose, here is the list for your convenience:
- Social Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Engineering and Technology
- Arts and Humanities
- Computer and IT
COLLEGES AND FACULTY LIST
Each college of the institution works independently. Therefore, visit the link to check all the list of Cambridge University Colleges and Departments along with the contact information.
Alongside Colleges, the faculty list is also provided on the website. Therefore, visit the link to check the faculty list of Cambridge University and find your area of interest.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are done with checking the list then look for the procedure to apply. If your field of interest is available on the list then you must proceed to apply online. In order to do so, visit the link below to read all the guidelines mentioned by the official site of Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021.
Scanned copies of the documents are asked to be submitted by the interested candidates. For this purpose, below we have compiled an overview of general documents MUST (not limited to) required:
One of the most crucial and frequently asked questions is:
What benefits does this scholarship have to offer?
Therefore, to let you know, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship will cover all the costs of studying at Cambridge University. Also, it has some additional discretionary components as mentioned below the image.
Applications for various kinds of additional funding on an optional basis are also accepted under this scholarship. For instance,
- Academic Development Funding (from up to £500 to up to £2,000) Firstly, the Academic development funding. This amount will depend on the course, conferences, and course duration.
- Family Allowance (from up to £10,120 for the first child and up to £4,320 for a second child) whereas the partner gets no funding at all.
- Fieldwork: Being a part of a Ph.D., applicants can apply to the keep up to the normal maintenance allowance. Also, the Trust will not be responsible for funding other fieldwork costs.
- Maternity/ Paternity Funding: If needed, applicants can apply to omit your studies for up to 6 months while continuing to get your maintenance during this time.
- And finally, the Hardship Funding: This is kept solely for unanticipated difficulties.
So do you still have questions to ask?
Then Comment below 🙂
And Good Luck 😉