Effective Home Remedies for Gout
Home remedies for gout are when the body contains a very high level of uric acid, and this condition is very painful. Gout is also known as a disease attacking joints of your body. It is also the condition when the uric acid increases, is formed, and stored inside the joints but is not flushed by the kidney. Gout occurred as swollen hand, knee, wrist and elbow. Uric acid crystals also formed within the kidney and urinary tract. Symptoms of gout only happen at night. They are some common symptoms of gout, such as pain inside the joints, and the place where it is swollen will feel pressurized. An unhealthy diet can cause gout, and to cure it, you may apply home remedies for gout.
At-Home Remedies for Gout
Artificial medications have side effects rather than merely treatments. We can try the home remedies for gout that our grandparents use; in fact, it’s the best treatment for gout remedies.
- Squeeze half of the lemon and drink it with a glass of water three times a day. It contains high vitamin C, helps to destroy uric acid crystals.
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day to prevent kidney stones.
- Don’t eat foods that can cause gout. Apple, strawberry and cherry are good for treating gout.
- Drinking juice of French beans twice each day increase the healing effect.
- Mix 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar with honey and drink once each day.
Old Home Remedies for Gout
Gout home remedies consist of an immediate and a long period of treatment. It would be best to try all the old home remedies for gout, and you can see which one has the best effect on your gout.
- You can mix whole wheat powder and ground mustard seed, apply it with little water to reduce the swollen part of gout.
- Ibuprofen proved to be the best gout medication. Just don’t take
acetaminophen or aspirin that can cause more uric acid.
- Drink at least six to eight glasses of water daily to eliminate uric acid crystals. You should follow a gout diet and take only a small portion of meat and alcohol.
Home Remedies for Gout in the Foot
Suffering from gout in the foot is a terrible sight to watch and consider the most painful gout because the foot is used for daily activities. Here is the list of natural gout home remedies for the foot.
- You should be careful if you like meat and seafood because people who consume meat and seafood are more likely to have gout. Meat is good for your muscles but only consumed for suitable portions. Internal organs rich in purine, such as the liver, brain, and kidney, produce uric acid. Doctors forbid eating vegetables high in purines such as spinach and peas, also follow gout treatment diets.
- People who suffer from gout in the big toe can apply the feet with Epsom salt that soothes aching muscles, is rich in magnesium, helps blood circulation, and gets rid of toxins. Soaking your feet in a full warm tub of Epsom salts is one of the home remedies for gout.
- Regular exercise will prevent joint pain. The body can release waste products, and muscles are strengthened around the joints, help in preventing gout.
These are the home remedies for gout, but you have to seek professional help if it doesn’t work.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes pain in the joints with inflammation. Gout can either be chronic or acute. Chronic gout continues for a long period with frequent pains and inflammation of the body’s joints; the joint pain may not be too sharp, but it seems to continue. Acute gout is very painful and affects a particular joint of the body. If you have intolerable pain that starts in the middle of the night, you can be sure of having gout. Therefore you should start treatment of gout as soon as possible.
Natural Gout Treatment – Causes of Gout
If the level of uric acid increases in the body, it can cause gout. In the body, uric acid develops due to purine breaking down, which is a nitrogenous compound. In a normal person, uric acid is eliminated through the urine. But when uric acid rises in the body, it becomes difficult for the body to eliminate all of it. As a result, the excess uric acid begins to accumulate in the joints and form crystals that cause pain in the joints. Uric acid levels in men start to rise after puberty and in women after they reach menopause.
Obesity, side effects of medicines, kidney problems are some of the causes of gout. Food rich in high protein can also be the reason for gout because high protein foods have a high level of purine.
Natural Gout Treatment – Symptoms of Gout
A painful big toe can detect the symptom of gout. Pain in the joints like the wrist, knee, and elbow is also a symptom of gout. Sometimes there is swelling in the joints along with stiffness and redness. At this time, touching the joint will be painful. In chronic gout, the painful attacks keep on recurring for a long period and the places where uric acid accumulates sores form, which is a source of great pain when movement becomes limited. On the other hand, acute gout can last up to ten days at a stretch.
Natural Gout Treatment
Prolonged use of medication for gout can cause negative side effects. Therefore medicines are used when the intensity of gout becomes acute to bring down the intensity of the symptoms. The general prescription of gout is to have a healthy lifestyle with some natural gout treatment at home.
When a healthy lifestyle is referred to as natural gout treatment, it generally points towards the diet plan. It will help if you avoid foods containing high purines in the diet. Foods like lean meat, sardines, legumes, liver, mushrooms, kidneys, brewer’s yeast, spinach etc., are to be excluded from the diet. Also, you should avoid fried foods, alcohol and creamy sauces. Your diet should include lots of complex carbohydrates; green vegetables, citrus fruits, and Indian gooseberry are some of the items that you should include in your diet. Banana is another natural gout treatment that can lower the level of uric acid. You should drink eight glasses of water and be drunk a day, which helps eliminate the uric acid from the joints. It will help if you practice some stretching exercises of the joints daily.
For the pain and swelling, you can treat the affected area with warm water by adding some Epsom salt as a home remedy. Another home gout treatment is by applying a cloth soaked in warm castor oil on the affected area, covering it with plastic, and applying heat.
It would be best if you start the gout treatment as soon as you discover the symptoms and after that make a change in your food habits along with some exercise regimen for healthy body weight, because this will help in preventing any attack of gout
Besides, you can add foods that have anti-inflammatory properties to your diet. For instance, we have listed some of the best anti-inflammatory smoothies for breakfast to start your day with healthy food. It will help you to fight inflammation naturally.
BY NEHA GUPTA