Anti-inflammatory Fruit and Fiber Salad
Since we are using an anti-inflammatory diet, salads have become a necessary part of our meals. I hope you have tried some of my anti-inflammatory breakfast smoothie recipes. Next, I will share some of the best anti-inflammatory salad.
Fruits and vegetables are rich in many vitamins, nutrients and dietary fibers. Undoubtedly, they are the best source of body healing substances. Besides, they also improve our gut health. Moreover, fruits being naturally sweet give the best flavors to our salads. This anti-inflammatory salad recipe brightens up my lunches and dinner. The best part is that we all get a portion of healthy seasonal veggies and fruits. It’s hard to imagine a good meal without Salad as a side or main course.
How to choose Ingredients?
I usually follow this anti-inflammatory infographic. Based on this, you can choose whatever you like. Or you can be more confident if you read about the foods that have anti-inflammatory properties. It is best if you use those ingredients that make you feel better. For instance, anti-inflammatory salads can help you to loose weight easily. In case you suffer from arthritis or gout, first thing is to loose weight and have a proper anti-inflammatory diet. I am sure that this recipe will also be helpful as an effective natural remedy for gout treatment.
Read more: Is it healthy to eat salads every day?
Cabbages are best for lowering bad cholesterol and preventing the risk of heart disease. Over and above, it helps to fight inflammation. We frequently add cabbage to meals and soups for better health.
Though carrots are sometimes chewy and hard in salads, I like to use them in salads. To make it softer, we usually steam carrots for five minutes and then add them to salads. We prefer it due to its high fiber content. Besides, it helps strengthen our bones.
Apple is a fiber fruit that helps in the proper digestion of food. Besides, natural anti-oxidant in apple helps to keep our immune system healthy.
Peaches are best for heart health, bone health, gut health. These are the most convenient fruit to add to salads for richer flavors.
Who can deny the lovely taste of dates? The best reason to add dates to meals is to get a powerful anti-oxidant. Besides being a natural sweetener, it is a powerful energy pack.
After choosing our favorite fruits and vegetables, the next step is to measure them. Surely, you can play around with ingredients for better taste.
List of Ingredients for Making Anti-inflammatory Salad
- Cabbage ( I usually prefer colored cabbage due to more health benefits. I take half red cabbage and half white)
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Apples
- 2 Apricots
- 1/2 Cup Dates
Ingredients for an Anti-inflammatory Salad Dressing
- 1tsp Dry Mustard powder
- 2 tbsp Organic Honey
- 1tbsp Orange Juice
- 1tbsp White Vinegar
- 1tsp red grape Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
Procedure for Making Anti-inflammatory Salad
- In the first step of making an anti-inflammatory salad, wash all fruits and vegetables and leave to strain excess water.
- Further, it is best to slice cabbage delicately to have shorter pieces. In this way, the Dressing absorbs well, making it ultimate tasty.
- For carrots, either use boiled or blanched for a less chewy taste. I usually cut carrots in a coin shape. Then blanch them for a softer texture.
- Next, you are left with apples and apricot. It is better to thinly slice apples and apricots for better taste.
- Finally, cut dates in your desired shape.
- In the next step, we will make anti-inflammatory salad dressing.
- For this purpose, we will combine mustard, orange juice, honey, vinegar, paprika and black pepper. You can whisk all ingredients together to make a thick syrup-like consistency.
- Eventually, it’s time to pour it and toss all ingredients together.
- If possible, refrigerate for an hour for delicious taste. But here, it all ends in minutes due to its deliciousness. After all, who can avoid a bountiful salad bowl?
See Recipe Card: